This is the Max version of Sonic Print (if you are an Ableton Live user, you might be looking for the Sonic Print Max for Live device.)
Use these patches with cycling74's Max multimedia development platform, on Mac and Windows.
Sonic Print enables you to use automatic timbre classification with live training for musical applications. Train it in real time with four different sound fragments that you assign to four different sound classes. Upon recognition, a sound will be routed to one of four outputs.
The sonic-print.maxpat bpatcher is designed to be reused in other Max patches. Features include:
- instantaneous machine learning algorithm
- display of the learning quality Q
- for the gate to each output, adjustment of the attack and release time
- sonic-print output message gives you the most recent recognized class number
The _sonic-print-explained main patch gives you insight into the machine learning algorithm. Additional information includes:
- training set displayed as Bark-reduced spectrograms
- display of the Bark-reduced live input spectrum
- training time
- 2-dimensional continuous output
License: open source, GNU GPL v3.0-or-later
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.
Hmm, can you sell free software? More information here: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
You'll get a zip file containing two main patches, the necessary subpatches, and a license.